Frequently Asked Question
How much does a rainwater harvesting system cost
The cost for a system is not fixed. It depends on what type of system you want to install as each system has different designs.
Here are some rough guideline
- A basic system with just a 2500l tank and a tap will cost about R6000 to install
- A 5000l tank with a rainwater filter with a pump will ocst you about R15000
- Potable rainwater systems that recover sufficient rainwater and purify it to replace municpal water can cost between R50000 and R75000
- More complex systems will be greater that R75000.
- Big industrial systems that recover water off surfaces in excess of 2000sqm need to be designed and costed
The final cost thus depend on each individual owners requirements