This Deluxe rainwater harvesting system will harvest rainwater off a 200sqm roof and recover 200000 liters of water per annum that can be converted into potable water, effectively substituting municipal water with purified rainwater.
The system can be installed for between R55 000 and R60000 and consist of the following:
1. 2 - 5000l vertical rainwater tanks installed. (Customer to supply solid base) These tanks will be interconnected
a. Tanks will have overflows installed and are insect and rodent proof.
b. Tank level gauge so you can always see the water level in the tank.
c. Low disturbance inflow into the tank. The bio-layer that forms inside the tank should not be disturbed by incoming water and we have designed a system that will not disturb the bio-layer resulting in cleaner naturally purified water.
2. Modifications and changes to the gutters to accommodate filter collectors. We will connect your gutters with 80mm piping.
3. Two - WISY RS rain collectors connected to the gutter down pipes to screen out any debris that is on the roof thus preventing it from entering the tanks. The screen also act as insect proofing for the rainwater tanks. Downpipes will be converted into 110mm round pipe to accommodate these filters
See this video of how the raincollector works - These filters act as a first flush system that will divert the first amount of rainwater from the roof and prevent it from going into the tanks. This water contains dust, bird dropping etc. and you do not want it to flow into the tanks
4. A 220V silent high pressure booster pump with a pressure cut off and float switches – all which will be correctly sized for your household requirements. The system will deliver an average water pressure of 3.5 bar to your houses' water supply.
a. Note - customer must supply 220V external plug connection at installation point.
5. We will connect our water purification unit to the system. It consists of:
- Stainless steel frame 1.2 x 0,65 and 0.9m high
- 2 – 20inch – pleated cartridge filters
- 1 – 20 inch Activated carbon and KDF media filter that will remove any hard metals that might be in the water
- 1 correctly sized UV light sterilizer that will kill all bacteria in the water.
- Gauges, valves and drain valves
- Blue PVC pressure pipe
- Water meter and accessories.
- Frame will be covered with clear polycarbonate sheeting to protect it from the elements.
6. Backflow valve and connection to the municipal supply (Max 4m of piping)
- This system is a legal requirement when a rainwater harvesting system is connected to the municipal supply
- It prevents rainwater from flowing back into the municipal supply and at all times maintains a physical air gap between the two types of water.
7. The system will be connected and commissioned where after pressure and water quality will be checked. Included in the cost will be one detailed water sample analysis by an accredited laboratory in Cape Town. This will ensure that you have peace of mind that your system is working and the quality of water meets drinking water requirements.
8. We will inspect and monitor the performance of your system every six months in the first year of installation.